Monday, May 28, 2012

Special Occasions

I think one of the most challenging aspects of no shopping for a year will be when special events are fast-approaching: New Year’s Eve, birthday celebrations, bachelorette parties, etc.  Normally, I would go out and search for the perfect dress for each of these occasions, however, since I am challenging myself NOT to engage in such frivolous behavior, I will force myself to appreciate what is already in my closet.  


One such event came recently, my brother’s college graduation.  I not only chose a dress I already had, I decided to choose something nostalgic  & wore the dress I wore for MY own college graduation, including the necklace my parents gave me as a graduation gift.  I changed it up by wearing my newer Jimmy Choos and a navy blue clutch to add a pop of color.  Who knew wearing an old dress for a special occasion could feel so new?  


 Corey Lynn Calter dress

Pianegonda necklace + ring 

 Lauren Merkin clutch along side fresh baked crescent rolls with Nutella - YUM

 The graduate & I after a fabulous celebratory meal at Orchids at Palm Court in Cincinnati


Happy Memorial Day, everyone! 

xoxo

Cassidy






No comments:

Post a Comment