Wednesday, May 16, 2012

EXCEPTIONS + ACCESSORIES

Three whole days of no shopping, going strong!  I should have mentioned in my first post some reasonable exceptions to my no shopping rule: necessities such as underwear, tights (Midwest winters can be brutal!), obligatory bridesmaids apparel, and any gift cards I may acquire as Christmas/birthday presents (since it's not my own money to be spent); 

Now onto my favorite topic: ACCESSORIES.  I’ve always believed that utilizing accessories in a smart, fashion-forward way can make even the oldest outfit brand new.  I initially was going to only limit myself to shopping for new clothes, however, I believe I spend most of my shopping/fashion money on accessories anyways.  A great pair of shoes, eye-catching jewelry, & a classic handbag are ways I plan on making my old wardrobe appear new until May 13th, 2013 (but who’s counting?)

neutral pair of Jimmy Choos that are a work of art

 Robindira Unsworth rings (shop here) atop delicious macarons from Pistacia Vera in German Village

Jessica Jensen tote & delish oatmeal chocolate chip cookies - recipe

Enjoy the rest of your week!

xoxo

Cassidy

3 comments:

  1. Love you and those shoes
    -Kristian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't read the note with the shoes - elaborate. Much LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the sweet comments, ladies! Birtle, the note was written by the employee from Jimmy Choo in Beverly Hills who shipped those beauties to me! I hope to someday meet him...and hug him.. ;)

    ReplyDelete