Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Old Closet + Engagement Party


    One of the best ways to keep myself on track during this challenging year will be utilizing what I already have in my closet.  This means learning to appreciate old pieces that I may have deemed “out of style.”  One such article of clothing is a slouchy, black halter I bought in college; it’s simple, but worn with the wrong skirt or pair of jeans, it appears outdated and even cheap looking.  

    I decided to pair it with androgynous-style pants to balance out the skin-baring shirt; I also added a pop of color to the otherwise black-and-white ensemble with bright nail polish and a mint clutch.  I wore this outfit for a surprise engagement party for best friends, it was a perfect evening with the best people I know – congrats again, Rachel & Gregg! 

 old top from The Limited

BCBG Max Azria clutch + OPI’s "What's With The Cattitude?"

at Eleven in the Short North with dear friend Glenna who orchestrated the surprise! {Leifsdottir pants}

Waiting for the newly engaged couple!

Congrats, Rachel & Gregg! Cannot wait for the wedding!

xoxo

Cassidy

1 comment:

  1. as a current shop-a-holic (as in, i just spent the last 2 hours online shopping & spent over $3k) w/ luckily the income to support it, i admire (read: envy) your skillz. i tried to go the entire month of june w/out shopping & managed to last until the 16th when allsaints spiritfields had a sale *sigh*. by the way i wont even tell you the about the fab things i just scored from barneys designer sale ;) keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete