Sunday, September 16, 2012

Style Inspiration: Mom

There are plenty of bloggers and women in the fashion world that I look to for style inspiration, but I could never overlook the woman that has taught me so much about style since I was a little girl: my Mom!  It was her birthday yesterday so I wanted to dedicate a post to her and her wonderful style.  My Mom has fabulous taste and loves all things classic, chic, and feminine; she has taught me so much about fashion and I often look to her for advice when shopping..{which won't be for another 8 month..}


my Mom's beautiful Escada cocktail dress



my Mom's gorgeous sapphire + diamond wedding ring

my Mom's classic Jimmy Choo pumps {if only I wore her size!}

my Mom's luxurious leather Burberry bag

a vintage Oleg Cassini dress my Mom passed down to me - she wore it for New Year's Eve in 1980 and I wore it for New Year's Eve in 2011 in Chicago! 

my Mom and I at Elk Cove Winery in Willamette Valley, Oregon. 
Happy Birthday to the best Mom in the world, love you!

Have a good week!

xoxo
Cassidy

15 comments:

  1. Oh don't I wish my mom had saved some of her clothing! Great post!
    - Monica
    Caravan of Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great post! Love that you honored your mom's fab fashion style on her birthday. And, love her ring!! Gorgeous.
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That NYE dress... AMAZING! xx

    www.thechicagolifeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO very sweet!! I LOVE that grey sequin dress with the peplum...absolutely amazing!!
    XO
    Christa Jayne
    fashionorfamine.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very sweet post for a very stylish mom!

    abigail
    www.farandwildjewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like your mom is a stylish lady!

    happy birthday to her!

    stop by my fashion blog for a visit,

    lydia from vintage2vogue

    http://vintagetwovogue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. que vestido tan bonito! unas compras ideales!

    http://sweet-perdition.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun post! Love love love that Oleg dress!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just the sweetest blog. And what a fashionable Mama you have! I love it.
    lifeatruestory4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sequined dress is amazing!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You mom has an amazing style. I love timeless/classic pieces-sequined dress, to die for! I have to commend you on your "no shopping for a year" challenge... I'm almost convinced to do the same...lol

    -Rolanda
    SimplyHerLiving

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh that dress. It is freaking amazing! Can I please trade moms with you right now? ha no not really but I'm totally jealous right now, you're mom has killer style. My mom thinks Jimmy Choos are a type of candy bar.. haha really though.

    ReplyDelete